We would like to extend a hearty THANK YOU to all that participated in the Annual Cliffs Golf Tournament and Charity Event. Gross income for the event currently stands at $29,547.
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
- Organizing Committee:
- Chairman – Richard “Dick” Baker
- Co-Chairmen – Jim White and Richard “Dick” Dusa
- Tee Sponsors:
- Blue Ridge Electric
- Fusion Audio + Video
- American Security
- N & H Enterprises
- Green Sponsors:
- Blue Ridge Rural Water
- Spartan Fire & Emergency Apparatus
- Bank of Travelers Rest
- Blossman Gas
- Dental Retreat at Mountain Park
- Tournament Grand Champions:
- Don Bireley
- Joe Hutchison
- Bob Margevich
- Carl Roed
- Winner of the 50/50 Raffle:
- Tom Crampton
- Tom Crampton
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Everyone that donated their time or funds to this event
- All 54 golfers that participated in the Tournament.
- Mike Williams and the Mountain Park Course Staff
- GMFSA Volunteers: Greg Lamb, Max Heim, Laurie Staples, Ashley Jenkins
- Cliffs Volunteers: Johanna Baker, Lois Taylor, Kay Margevich, Linda Gardner, Sara Emel
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT!
Please take a few moments to browse the pages of our website.
Robert Staples, Fire Chief
Glassy Mountain Fire Department
This year, donations raised will be for our Volunteer Recruitment and Retention and Paid On-Call (POC) programs. Volunteers are a key to our success and recruitment and retention of new members is an ongoing process. Paid On-Call allows us to augment our full time staffing at our stations in either 8, 12, or 24-hour increments, supplementing regularly scheduled coverage with additional firefighters. These additional personnel are on call or physically at our stations and enhance the number of personnel available to respond at any given time. Last year volunteers provided in excess of 16,000 hours of service, which were valued to be in excess of $360,000.
IRS regulations regarding charitable contributions requires us to inform you that of the $175 event fee $57 for Cliffs’ members and $120 for all others are not tax deductible.